Sunday, February 1, 2015

Mailbox Treat Holder cut from Close tomy Hearts' Artiste Cricut Cartridge

Ready for a picture tutorial of the adorable mailbox found on the CTMH Artiste cartridge?
 
You can find the cuts you will need on page 51 of the Artiste hand book. The main piece of the mailbox is under the 3D Object function key. You will notice the red number 3" and the red arrow. That tells you to set your dial size to 3". That is also the finished height when assembled.
 
For more assembly info, this cartridge comes with an assembly book. The mailbox pictured on page 51 of the hand book, has the number 26 in a green circle and indicates the page number for the assembly book where you'll find the directions for the mailbox.
 
I used paper from Heartstings.

 Fold along the tick marks.

 The square tabs have tick marks cut into them too. Fold these. This will be the back of the mailbox.
 OK, I'm a little lazy and impatient but I know it wont come apart. I used small glue dots on each tab. It's fast. I put about 5 or 6 glue dots on at a time, NOT ALL AT ONCE. It's much easier to do a few at a time so that they do not become attached in the wrong place.
 Glue dot the side flap.
 The scalloped edge is the front. Fold these on the tick marks.
 The other 2 pieces that need to be cut are the flag (3D object, shift) and the black cs piece (Card function key, shift) in the picture below I will call the door frame. It will help hold the door closed. I have already shaped it by running it between my fingers.
 Again, glue dots makes this very fast. Fold the scallops back down, add glue dot, attach to door frame a few at a time.


 I cut a 2" cream flower from page 55, Accent 1, shift. The center was cut at 1" from page 44, Accent 1. The leaves (1 1/2" ???) were cut from page 54, Accent 4, shift. I love sponging the edges of my flower petals and shaping them to get a more realistic looking flower and leaves and giving them dimension.
You can attach the flag with a brad so that it moves.
 
I hope this inspires you to create something fun today.
Laurie
LVarner.CTMH.com
FaceBook.com/ilove2stampandscrapbook

No comments:

Post a Comment