Monday, February 2, 2015

Close to my Heart / Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge / Balloon Gate Card

I cut this fun gate card using Close to my Heart's Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge.
You can find it on page 3 of the hand book.

I cut the Smoothie card stock using the Scene function key and used Crystal Blue card stock to cut the inside of the card (Scene, shift). I backed the balloon with Hopscotch paper by tracing and hand cutting. Colonial White card stock was layered under the open cloud cuts. A piece of Pixie Thick Twine loosely holds the balloon closed.
Extra clouds were stamped using Rain or Shine stamp set.
All stamped images are from Rain or Shine and the sentiment was stamped using Indian Corn Blue ink. The sun was stamped using Sunset and Canary ink. The card stock shapes for the sun and sentiment were cut using my go-to cartridge for basic shapes, the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. I added the June Bug Puffies butterflies so that they could be seen when the front gate was closed.
 
I hope this inspired you to create something today.
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment