Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Close to my Heart Idea Book Blog Hop



I am so excited about CTMH’s new Idea Book.  Today is the first day to order all the new wonderful CTMH products available.  This Idea Book is jam packed with new beautiful paper, embellishments, home décor items, wearable craft projects, and yes, a brand new Cricut cartridge calledArtbooking. 

The project I will share with you today will use the new My Reflections Paper pack called Sarita (X7171B).  This paper pack uses Outdoor Denim, Lagoon, Goldrush, Gypsy, Cotton Candy and Colonial White.  I used one of the scrapbook page layouts from the new Make it from Your Heart Vol. 2 (9042) how-to pattern books.  All of the shapes where cut using the new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge (z1906). The first picture shows the page cut and layered with no stamping.  I wanted you to see the difference a little stamping and ink can make to give your layout unique character.

Now with stamping:

Here are the details of the layout. First I did a little splattering of ink using Gypsy reinker with a tooth brush and Lagoon reinker with a stipple brush.


I did a little stamping using One-Way Boarders (C1561).


Stitching from Stitch Wonder (C1564).

Here is a close up of the embellishment cluster. I cut a title, an elegant shape and a spiral flower. I added a metal flower shape with the work live on it from Base andBling Word Accents (X1882), a Teal acrylic flower from Base and Bling TealJewels (Z1891) and sprinkled a few of the new Aqua Dots (Z1853)  They accent perfectly with the Lagoon paper.

If you don’t own the Quilling Tool (Z1795) yet, it is a must have for the spiral flowers to take shape.  I also use mine to help curl the petals back for a more realistic look.

I hope you will take a look inside the new Idea Book.  You can shop at LVarner.CTMH.com

Have fun hopping!

This blog hop is open for members of the CTMH Blog Boosters. Please do not enter if you are not a member of the group.
 

19 comments:

  1. Wow, I really love what you did! I used Sarita but did the WOTG layouts - I like yours better! And the detail work is fantastic. I really like your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCKED this out. Amazing job and tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details really make this fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout! The detail is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout!! And I love the details you gave us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome step-out photos, you're so smart to photograph while you're working! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for your kind words!
    Laurie in LA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the details, thanks for sharing all the little techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the details in your blog! Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your details are OVER THE TOP....love them. My personal favourite is One Way Borders....I love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, I love the techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! I appreciate the photographic tutorial on your creative process!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing details - thanks for the inspiration! (Your nails look great, too, by the way!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very beautiful. I discovered the quilling tool worked great for these flowers recently but didn't think to use it to curl the petals!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute!! Love that you talked about the techniques you used. I'm going to have to try that! Did you just splatter both the tooth brush and the stipple brush??

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise, I used the tooth brush to make smaller splatters. I used the stipple brush to create larger splatters. I just put 20 or 30 drops of reinker in a small container and let the bristles soak up the ink. You may want to wear a glove for this part, I used my finger on the tooth brush but shook the stipple brush at my piece that I wanted large drops. HTH

    ReplyDelete