Sunday, August 28, 2011


This is a special LO of my little pumpkins the fall we spent with my mom and step-dad after Katrina. We all worked on these costumes together. The Hershey's Kiss used to be a pumpkin costume that my grandmother Tootsie made when I was a kid. It was in bad shape, so, I took it apart and made the Kiss costume. The kids looked so SWEET! LOL I think I used all but 4 felt Mischief Complements images. A little over the top, but it is fun.


I have hidden journaling under the left side LO.


This is the right side with all the felt images.


Here is a close up of the top left corner of the 8x10 picture. Not only did I use sand paper to distress the edges of my paper layers but I also used sand paper to distress the edges of the photo. I always pull away from the edge so as not to bend the photo. I sanded in one direction at an angle and then sanded across the first direction to form an X texture on the photo. I like to get larger prints made of a few of my better photos. They are just fun to scrap when they are 5x7's or here an 8x10 photo. They are a little more expensive so I only print the really good photos at a larger size. Give it a try.

4 comments:

  1. FABULOUS layout! I LOVE all the little details! Awesome costumes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, gives me some great ideas, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to add you to my follow list but it won't let me? Is it possible? I'm a new blogger, can you tell. Love the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout, and the kids' costumes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete